AirBNB, ROI and CALIFORNIA SUCKS!
As all of my blog readers know by now, I am a huge fan of AirBNB vacation rentals.
You get a higher return on investment than a regular tenancy , you don’t have to deal with ABSURD California tenant landlord laws , most guests rarely complain about problems at the property and you typically don’t have to deal with the bad attitude, sense of entitlement a lot of tenants posses.
Though AirBNB is a high turn over rate, its worth the added work! Plus, you meet a lot of cool people from different countries!
Just because you’ve decided to AirBNB your house out doesn’t mean you’ll get a lot of bookings. You need to be a super host! Yes, AirBNB has a category called super hosts, lol. I think it’s cool! Tips on becoming a super host:
- Be available at all times for guest inquiries. Respond to questions about possible bookings quickly and also respond to maintenance requests even quicker!
- Example: I had a guest text me saying there was no hot water! I had 4 guests in one 2 bed 2 bath condo and no one could take their morning shower! AHH! I responded immediately, got my plumber to call them directly and made sure they were taken care of. I offered to buy them pizza and a bottle of whiskey. Bad reviews will kill your super host status!
- Build your good reviews. Respond as quickly as humanly possible to bad reviews.
- Ask each guest to write a review for you. If they don’t want to, offer $10. It’s worth it trust me. When you become a super host, guests searching for a place to stay in your area will see your listings FIRST before anyone else’s.
- Ask for constructive criticism from the guests about how to make your rental better!
- Don’t be an ignorant jerk! Constructive criticism is a GOOD thing. Even if a guest complains and starts to upset you, don’t take it personal. Be an adult, hold your tongue and use their criticism to make your rental 10x better!
- Remember: though guests are staying in YOUR house, it’s no longer YOUR precious little home filled with memories. It becomes a business, treat it like so!
If you ever need help or advice on AirBNB rentals, reach out to Shane at 310 623 2704 or email@example.com.
TGN Property Management manages ALL residential type properties, most commercial and thats it. Just kidding, and… AIR BNB VACATION RENTALS!
Here are some other tips for you to read: