About the most difficult but yet rewarding job for Los Angeles Property Managers or Los Angeles Property Management Companies is to keep a tenant as a long term renter. There is really only one way to be able to accomplish this, and that’s by keeping the tenant happy. Most Los Angeles Property Management companies will find that many tenants rarely complain, it definitely pays to know how a Los Angeles Property Management company hired to manage a rental property is able to handle tenant complaints whenever they come up.
Los Angeles Property Management Companies Building Good Rapport
A good Los Angeles Property Management team knows that if you want to build good rapport, and long term relationships with tenants, you have to act quick that their complaints are resolved whenever possible. A Los Angeles Property Manager looks into all aspects of the building and tenants.
6 Helpful Tips
- Documentation of the complaint or problem. While many Los Angeles Property Managers will have an excellent memory, others don’t. With documenting complaints or problems as soon as you are aware of them, this is where the tenant relationship could take a turn between a happy tenant and one that will find another place to live.
- Attesting determination of the complaint. Tenant complaints will be one of the primary responsibilities that a Los Angeles Property Manager has to attend. Although, in some cases there are always going to be certain occasions when there are no valid reasons for a complaint whatsoever. To complain about the color of the living room walls wouldn’t be a valid complaint considering that a tour of the property was taken before even moving in.
- Investigating noise complaints. It’s important for a Los Angeles Property Manager to look into a noise complaint to see if it is appropriate and legitimate. If it is legitimate, immediate action should take place. If it is not, the Los Angeles Property Manager needs to make the tenant aware of what a valid noise violation is.
- Prioritize every complaint. In particular situations where there is more than a single complaint, the Los Angeles Property Manager must prioritize them so that they are resolved in an orderly fashion. In doing this, you’ll be able to keep all tenants happy.
- Resolving the complaint or problem A.S.A.P. A complaint that regards a constantly running toilet can escalate into a tenant to possibly getting upset and complaining to the property owner about their lack of care and ineffectiveness with the matter. Quick resolutions will equal to all parties happy.
- As soon as the matter is taken care of. Respond to the tenant in writing, naturally, you will have to respond to them when they alert you about an issue. Although, when the complaint is put in writing this provides the tenant assurance that the problem will be dealt with.
Since no two Property Management companies are the same, the way in which a Los Angeles Property Management company or individual handles a complaint made by a tenant will differ. The key is to hire a Los Angeles Property Management company that will always take initiative when any issue arises.
For the latest in Los Angeles real estate and Los Angeles property management news, trends and tools, make sure to stay connected with our blog at: http://tgnpropertymanagement.com/blog/